Dr. Sara Sotelo-Lubig
Dr. Sara Sotelo-Lubig is a specialist lawyer for construction and architectural law as well as real estate economist (ebs) and has been working as a lawyer (Of Counsel) for PRO LAW since 1 August 2017.
Dr. Sara Sotelo-Lubig has outstanding expertise in real estate issues, in particular in construction and architectural law (with a particular focus on warranty / securities / architects’ liability), in real estate, project development as well as in brokerage and tenancy law. A further area of emphasis is the promotion of out-of-court conflict resolution proceedings (Alternative Dispute Resolution).
Projects / References
- Defence against warranty claims in the field of turnkey construction/project development of larger apartment buildings, partly in the context of revitalization of formerly industrial areas, including independent proceedings for the taking of evidence
- Consultation during construction for the defence against residents’ lawsuits in the context of a neighbourhood development in the west of Cologne
- Defence against claims from performance bonds
- Wage/salary claims and fee claims
- Defence against claims of the architects’ liability insurance (e.g. road construction bus station; core renovation of primary school)
- Representation and advice in defence against broker commission claims
- Tenancy law advice (office property in Bonn 14,000 sqm) on commercial leases
- Tenancy law advice to an internationally operating retail chain (140 branches) including space in shopping centres
- Contract law advice on the construction of a new corporate headquarters
- Anwaltskammer Köln (Cologne Bar Association)
- Deutscher Anwaltverein (German Bar Association)
- Kölner Anwalt Verein (Cologne Lawyers’ Association)
- Mediation and Arbitration Committee of the Cologne Lawyers’ Association
- immo-ebs Real Estate Alumni-Network
- Women in Real Estate
- eucon- European Institute for Conflict Management (Member of the Board)
Dispute Settlement / Mediation
In her capacity as a EUCON Business Mediator, Dr. Sara Sotelo-Lubig works for the real estate industry and as a cooperative out-of-court consultant.